Monday, October 10, 2005

Rape of a Goddess*
Follow the progress as I convert my 1964 Citroen DS19 into a Corvette powered hot rod.
* DS is short for Goddess.

These are the before pictures.
I bought her in Oakland from a guy who had at one time used it as his daily car. It ran fine but, as is the case with all old Goddesses, the hydraulic pump could not keep up with the leaks. She could only stand up for about 15 minutes; less if I used the power steering.

She cost me $600

She sat in my garage for two years before the work began.

The process begins. First we undress her.

Then we gut her.

And by we I mean them. Because really all I do is dream it up and pay for it.



When I mentioned the project on a motoring website Citroen enthusiasts offered the following comments:

Blasphemy!

and

OMG; it's a massacre of a classic. Are you completely out of your mind?

Update Askmen.com lists the DS19 as the third best car of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home